HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Announcing My Next Pocket Patchwork Sew~Along!


I'm so excited to give you the preliminary information about my next Pocket Patchwork Sew-Along!  The quilt project is named Nabby's Dowry and it features all of the fabrics from my new fabric line, Pin Money, as well as most of the Prairie Wovens, Dobbies, and Chambray line, too!  You may know that Pin Money was named for First Lady, Abigail Adams, and her daughter's name was Abigail as well, but the entire family called her Nabby.  Perhaps Abigail pieced a scrappy quilt for her daughter?  I liked the thought and that's how I came up with the name.  I know...weird how my mind works!

This will be the largest quilt we've made in my sew~alongs thus far, measuring approximately 36 inches square.  The block size is 6 inches finished, and is very, very scrappy!  There are lots and lots of Half Square Triangles!

I will post the sew~along instructions every Friday for 12 weeks, making it the longest sew-along as well.  But, don't worry...it will be easy, breezy and lots of fun, suitable for all skill levels.   You can certainly use your scraps and choose your own fabrics, but just in case..... 

There is a kit available for Nabby's Dowry!  

What a great way to collect fabrics from both of these collections!  

Click here to see all the fabrics and pre-order a kit!

Click on the link above to see all of the fabrics in the kit for the quilt top and binding.  The kit price is $45.25.  Postage within the U.S. is included as well.  International customers are welcome to participate.  Please read instructions with order information on my website.

PLEASE NOTE:  I am taking pre-orders at this time to best accommodate everyone who desires a kit.  Kits will be shipped in early June, and you will have them before the sew~along begins!  

Here's the fabric yardage you'll need to make Nabby's Dowry from your own fabrics:

10 Assorted light print 10 inch squares
25 assorted medium/dark print 6 inch squares
3/8 yard light print for setting triangles
3/8 yard red print for sashing
1/2 yard brown print for borders
1/3 yard binding
1 1/6 yard backing

The best way receive the weekly instructions for the sew~along is via email.  To get my blog posts via email, simply enter your email address in the "Follow by Email" icon found on the right-hand sidebar of my blog.  That way, you can easily print the sewing instructions!  Remember...the quilt pattern is free!

I look forward to sewing together with each of you once again!  June will be here before we know it!  

20 comments:

  1. You know me - I'll be in! Sounds like a fun thing to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun!! I'm in too - Raewyn and I will compare!!! I have some perfect scraps that will work for this SAL!!! Glad it is starting in June - gives me time to finish up some other projects!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got my order in. Can't wait for June!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, like Doniene, I hope I can get a few projects finished by June so I can play--I mean sew along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to some more fun sewing with you Pam! Karen S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this SAL, I'm ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks.Can´t wait to star!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun! Just ordered my kit and signed up to follow you by email.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you are starting up another sewalong. I had such fun doing the previous one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like fun. Seems I found a new blog to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, thanks for doing the sew along. I have just recently started following you, so I am not familiar with how a sew along works. Oh, not the sewing part. I just wonder if it is like a Mystery Quilt where you don't find out what you are making until the end? Looking foreword to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sooooo ready to do another sew along. Please count
    me in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to join. Will check out the size pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where is the pattern? I would like to join too. Is the pattern free?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds interesting. When will I get the first block? Thanks so much for your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must have sold out of the kits as when I clicked on the link there was only The Little Blue School house kit

    ReplyDelete
  17. I, too, was interested in the kit but found only the Little Blue School House kit. :-(

    ReplyDelete